Come, come whoever you are. Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving – it doesn’t matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair, but a caravan of hope. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, and come yet again.
Welcome. My name is Marylee Nambu. I am a psychotherapist in private practice in the Glendora, California area. The decision to enter into the therapeutic process and choosing a therapist who is right for you is a valiantly courageous undertaking. Hiring the right professional entails finding a skilled clinician who has experience addressing the issues with which you are dealing, as well as someone with whom you are able to cultivate a trusting, collaborative and safe therapeutic relationship. To learn more about my professional background, click the “About” link on this website. Below I have listed some quick facts about the services I offer to assist in your decision making process. Should you wish to book a consultation, please email me via the contact page on this website.
About My Psychotherapy Practice
- Areas of Emphasis in Practice: Complex Trauma (repeated childhood trauma), Phase II addiction recovery (getting beyond addiction to the deeper issues driving addictive behavior).
- Other Issues I Treat: depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, self-injury, bodily dysmorphic disorder, eating disorders, issues related to bi-racial marriage, the integration of spirituality/faith and science of psychology. I have deep empathic regard for those who have had Near Death Experiences and Spiritually Transformative Experiences. Supervision for MFT trainees and interns.
- Client Focus: Adults, Adolescents, Children
- Modalities: Individuals, Couples, Families
- Treatment Approach/Orientation: Eclectic with emphasis on psychodynamic theories and family systems approaches. Some Cognitive Behavioral Approaches.
- Fees: $175 per 45-50 minute session
- Sliding Scale: Yes.
- As a clinician, I am committed to making available quality and attentive mental health care. I am happy to negotiate an appropriate and equitable fee.
- Accepts Insurance: No.
- Religious Affiliation: Christian/Catholic with regard for all spiritual sensitivities
- Professional Affiliations: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists